Social Media – A Fundamental Shift In Communication
Loyalty & Trust
About 20 years ago, we were looking for a good Japanese restaurant in our area. We wanted good Japanese food at a reasonable price, and we expected good service. We asked people to recommend a good Japanese restaurant. There was one restaurant which my parents really liked, and we started to go there weekly. We enjoyed the food, it was reasonably priced, the service was good, and soon enough, the owner noticed that my mother was a frequent customer, so they became friends.
Today, my mother gets special treatment and reservations whenever she wants to. And guess what? It’s the only Japanese restaurant we ever go to. They developed a “loyal” customer for the last 20 years and we recommend the restaurant to everyone.
So, I was looking at this and how this relationship was developed:
Develop A Relationship With Your Customers
Isn’t this the best way to do business and keep business? You know all of your customers well, and you develop a relationship with them. 😀 So if that is true for you, then how do we accomplish this all around the world using advertising? 🙄 We Don’t. 😉 We may make a sale, however, if we don’t develop a relationship with the customer, we will never establish long term loyalty because people want to know that we care about how they feel. My mother feels like the owner of the Japanese restaurant is her friend, who will always take very good care of her when she dines at her restaurant. And they have…for over 20 years!!
2) Social Media is the #1 activity on the Web.
3) Years to reach 50 Million users: Radio = 38 years TV = 13 years Internet = 4 years Ipod = 3 years Facebook added >200 million users < 1 year
4) If Facebook were a country, it would be the 3rd largest – 540,000,000
5) Youtube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world; every 4 mins, 100+ hrs of video will be uploaded.
6) There are over 200,000,000 Blogs.
7) 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations, only 14% trust ads.
8) 60 Million Status updates on FB daily; 50% of active users log onto the site daily; average user on more than 55 mins/day on FB, 70 languages.
9) Monthly users spend 8.3 billion hours on FB.
10) Twitter averages 50 million tweets per day.
Word of Mouth is now World of Mouth and it’s growing exponentially everyday! The good news is that the old media paradigm was PAY to PLAY. Now you get back what you authentically put in, and you’ve got to be willing to PLAY to PLAY. Now business will be about authenticity, integrity, and truly caring. Those who build relationships will build loyalty and their customers will be very satisfied. It is truly becoming a Win-Win business model! 😆 The social media tidal wave is here. Are you ready to swim with the current?
And, if you’d like to learn tips and secrets I’ve used over the past 15 years, sign up for our video series below.